Sunday, April 1, 2012

A is for Attendance

Ah, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but there isn't a substitute for being there.  You can get notes, you can read chapters, you can talk to the professor, but none of that takes the place of showing up.  That's where you get in to the nooks and crannies of what goes on. That's where you get the little tid bits that others might miss.

Getting in to class on a regular basis and participating helps you because that's when you get your questions answered (and raised). It also gives me more options when  life decides to dump on you, usually when timing is at its worst. Showing up proves your not a drama king/queen.  That's a good thing when you need to ask me for a favor. Doing so when you have had a story every week is not the way to my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Amen and Amen. (I used to teach Freshman writing, so this post sounds like me!)

    ReplyDelete